Must be running VETtrak version 23.1.x.
Once installed, the Student Portal has some additional preferences that can be set up in the File > Global Preferences area of VETtrak. Click on Student Portal to access the specific preferences page of the wizard.
- Student Portal URL - This textbox is to record the base url location of your student portal. This allows your other portals to know how to create student portal specific links. Such as providing an email notification with a student portal link. It is also used in the process of reseting password's from the client wizard.
- AVETMISS details - This tickbox will turn on the ability for students to view and edit additional personal details relating to AVETMISS fields on the Personal Details page. To collect prior recognition identifiers in concert with AVETMISS prior education selections turn this option on by checking the box.
- Allow iCal calendar subscription - This tickbox controls the ability for students to access an iCal file subscription of their schedule. A third party calendaring application such as (Outlook, Google calendar, iOS & Android) may then be used to subscribe to that schedule link. see Portal iCal susbscription for further detail.
- Online class link description - (20.2 and above) Add a globally configured link text for classes that are held online.
- Company details - Add your company name and company phone to display on the student portal.
Note: In previous versions of the student portal's standard preferences, there was a section for account recovery. This has been moved into the Security Settings Wizard. See VETtrak security settings for more details.
- Tick this box if you want any of your data entered by students to be submitted for Quality Assurance before being saved in VETtrak.
- Indicate which kinds of data and actions need to pass through Quality Assurance. As student (client) information is the only data which can be edited through the Student Portal, the only controllable options are the Add, Edit and Delete privileges for client data.
- When students upload documents through the Student Portal, a checkbox will appear for the student to acknowledge a declaration. The text of that declaration comes from this preference.
- Use plain text and keep your text to a brief sentence.
- The text appearing in an unedited preference will default to "I declare that this file is my own work".
- Enable VET Survey integration into the Student Portal. Note: requires separate product VETSurvey.
- To add this link, simply turn on this checkbox. Choose the VETSurvey URL from the drop down list of your available VET surveys (predefined list). Enter a Link Name for the preferred link. The name is what will be visible, and clickable for your students.
- Staff types to allow students to send messages to - In addition to enabling "Can send messages", choose which staff types the student will be able to message. Enabling can send messages without choosing staff types will effectively prevent direct messaging from the Student Portal.
Portal Preferences settings
The Portals also have some global preferences that can be set up in the File > Global Preferences area of VETtrak. Click on Portal preferences to access the specific preferences page of the wizard. For further information on the notifications aspect of the portals see article Notifications in the web Portals.
- Expire idle portal sessions after setting is new to the preferences in VETtrak. This setting previously lived in each portal's web.config file under the key "SessionTimeout". This will now affect portals globally. The setting controls when an idle portal session is automatically timed out and cleared from the active sessions viewed under the security manager's session management node.
- Enable online viewing of documents via Google - When enabled documents on any of the portals will be availabe to preview on screen using Google's document preview functionality.