Once the client starts or completes their units in Catapult, we need to transfer this information into VETtrak as results for the various units. We do this using the Transfer Results From Catapult LMS Wizard, which is accessed by going to Utility >
Transfer Results from Catapult LMS.
- The Results from date is set to one minute after the last batch of results was successfully downloaded. This cannot be changed. NOTE: If this is the first time you have done a transfer, this date will default to one month ago, and can be changed. You should set this to the earliest date that you want to transfer results from.
- The Results to date is set to the end of yesterday, but can be changed. Normally results would be downloaded no more than once per day.
- Click Download.
- (below) The grid fills with all the results recorded in Catapult in the specified date/time range.
- This column is colour-coded according to the status of each result. Red indicates an error, for example if a client or enrolment cannot be matched with one in VETtrak. Results with errors cannot be processed. Click on a red box for more information about the error.
- Each time you perform a results download, they are stored as a 'batch', and are not immediately recorded against clients' enrolments in VETtrak. You can click on the dropdown here to view a list of (and select from) batches that have not yet been processed.
- The Export button allows you to export the contents of the grid to a spreadsheet file for your records. This can be particularly useful if you have a number of errors and need to work through them to resolve the problems.
- Click the Process button to process the results for all records that don't have an error. The appropriate result will be recorded against each client's unit enrolment, according to the result types set up in the Catapult LMS Configuration Wizard.
- You can click this button to close off a batch without processing all the results in it. You might do this if, for example, the batch contains errors because not all clients in Catapult need to be processed in VETtrak and this batch includes some of those clients who aren't in VETtrak. Batches will be automatically closed off when all results in the batch have been processed.
- (below) If you need to reopen or view a batch that you have closed off, tick the Show closed box.
- When Show closed is ticked, all batches, including closed ones, will be available for selection in the dropdown.
- Once a closed batch is selected, this button changes to Re-open batch. When you reopen a batch, any results not yet processed will be available for processing again.
An error will be indicated for a unit in the following circumstances:
- A client with the username sent from Catapult cannot be found in VETtrak.
- There is more than one client in VETtrak with the specified username.
- A unit with the specified unit code cannot be found in VETtrak.
- The client does not have an active enrolment containing that unit.
- All active enrolments that the client has in that unit already have a completed result.
- All active enrolments that the client has in that unit have an end date before the start date of the unit in Catapult.
NEXT: Rules for Transferring Results from Catapult to VETtrak