This feature allows VETtrak to be integrated with the Catapult LMS for online learning. VETtrak talks to the Catapult LMS API, allowing the integration to take place without the need for an API or web services on the VETtrak end. This integration allows you to:
- Transfer information about students and their enrolled units to Catapult, where they can complete online learning activities.
- Transfer information about trainers and their supervised enrolments to Catapult, where they can assess students' online learning actvities.
- Transfer results of the units completed in Catapult back into VETtrak.
Certain restrictions on the use of Catapult apply when using this extension:
- Clients (both students and trainers) must always be created first in VETtrak, and then transferred to Catapult. There is no way to transfer client information from Catapult to VETtrak, or to check that a particular username is not already in use in Catapult when creating a new client in VETtrak.
- Enrolments must always be created in VETtrak first, and then transferred to Catapult. There is no way to transfer enrolment information from Catapult to VETtrak, so VETtrak will not know about any enrolments created in Catapult. Any result data from enrolments that VETtrak does not know about will be flagged as an error and ignored in the result importing process.
- Clients cannot edit their details in Catapult. There is no way to transfer client information from Catapult to VETtrak, so any changes to personal details would be overwritten next time an enrolment is sent from VETtrak to Catapult.