Employer is a step, or page, in the registration process where the user provides details regarding their employer. If the option Only allow registered employers is enabled, the user must choose their employer from a list of presets.
Registered Employers allows the management of the list of employers available for selection by users.
Each employer record must be manually entered or imported individually. The feature works best for those wanting to limit choices to a small selection of the Employer records available in VETtrak.
In this article:
Accessing Registered Employers
The feature is accessed from the Configuration page () via the link under Standard Settings.
The Registered Employers page has the following elements:
- Heading and navigation
- The New button opens the modal to add a new employer to the list.
- Employer List — contains saved employers and allows them to be managed.
- Click the Employer link ( with a number) to modify that employer.
- Permanently remove unwanted employers using the delete link.
Registering a new employer
A new employer can be added by clicking either:
- The New button, or
- Create a new record link.
Note: The Create a new record link will only be present until an employer is added to the list.
This will open a pop-up:
- Select a VETtrak Employer:
- Click the Fetch button.
- Select the employer from the list.
- Click the Populate button.
- The employer's contact information will be pre-filled from VETtrak.
- Update if required.
- Click the Save button.
The record will be added to the Employer List.
Editing an employer record
Click the employer link ( with a number) to make changes to their record. This will open the pop-up with the employer's details prefilled.
When Registered Employers are in use and the user indicates they're employed, the user selects their employer from a drop-down list that then populates the fields based on the details from the record in the VETenrol Admin.
The user will need to complete any missing entries for required fields. They can also edit any of the populated data themselves.