The Client Personal Wizard provides an additional level of data entry regarding the Clients in your VETtrak database.
This will display the Client Personal Wizard:
- Enter the person's Former Surname, if applicable.
- Enter the Town or City where they were born.
NOTE: Must be in the standard Australia Post suburbs list if the country of birth is in Australia
- Enter the person's Delta Number or Traineeship Client Number. This is the number issued to New Apprentices by some state governments and is collected in AVETMISS Version 6 as the 'Client Identifier - New Apprenticeships'. There are different rules governing this number in different states, and the name of the field differs depending on which state you're in.
- NOTE: In Northern Territory, Tasmania and Victoria only, this field is linked to a field with same name in the Contract Wizard, as follows:
- If a number is present in the Personal Wizard, it will automatically populate the same field in the Contact Wizard when a new contract is created.
- If this field is empty in the Personal Wizard, and a number is entered in the Contract Wizard, that number will automatically be entered into this field in the Personal Wizard.
- If a number exists in this field in the Personal Wizard, and a different number is entered in the Contract Wizard, nothing happens here. A number entered in the Contract Wizard will not overwrite an existing number in the Personal Wizard.
- Enter the person's Home phone number. In some states this may be required, and the format is prescribed.
- Enter the person's Work phone number (optional).
- Enter the person's Mobile phone number, and a second mobile number, if available.
- Enter or Import a Valid VSN Number. This field can change depending on the Default Collection State selected within VETtrak.NOTE: See the Victorian Student Numbers (VSN) section for more information. For South Australian users, this field will hold the SACE Student ID.
- Enter the person's Email Address (optional). This can be used by the VETtrak email function. You can add a second email address in the field below if the client has one.
- Select the Preferred Contact Method for this client. Note that you must enter the contact information for whichever method you choose.
- In Victoria, for clients who are employed, you must select their industry of employment and occupation identifier. These are selected from a fixed list provided by the government.
- Enter the person's Fax number (optional).
- If you also have client records in some other system separate to VETtrak, you can make use of External System items to reference the code from that system - making it easier to match information between the two systems.
- If you are using VETtrak's email or SMS facilities to send marketing messages to clients, tick this box if the person has indicated that they do not want to receive marketing materials. This is important to ensure compliance with privacy legislation. If you want this box to be ticked by default, you can set this up in the Global Preferences Wizard.
- If you utilise added LMS functionality with your VETtrak system, the LMS Identifier will be displayed within this field.
- If you have entered a secondary mobile number and / or email for this client, indicate if you want to send messages to both mobile numbers / emails. You can also flag if this client should be excluded from marketing materials.
- Enter the details of the person's Emergency Contact (optional).
Press the Next button to progress the wizard, this will display the option to enter the clients Address:
- Enter the person's Residential Address information. For AVETMISS reporting, all fields except the Unit and Building are mandatory.
- When creating a new client, the list of Suburbs will fill only with the suburbs of the state that you currently have selected at the top of the screen. If you are needing to enter an address in a different state, click the Load all button, which fills the list with all suburbs, so you can select the one you want. (When you are editing a client who already has an address recorded, the list will initially fill only with suburbs from the same state as the suburb that is already selected.)
- Untick this box if their postal address is different to their residential address. The postal address fields will only be editable if this box is unticked.
- Select whether their postal address is a Street address or a PO Box and enter their postal address. Only the fields relevant to the selected address type will be available to edit.
- For AVETMISS reporting purposes, if the client's address is overseas, ticking this box will set the suburb to "Not specified", the state to "Overseas" and the postcode to "OSPC".
- If the client has not provided their address, tick this box to ensure the correct "Not specified" information is reported in your AVETMISS files.
- If you have overseas addresses that don't conform to Australian formats, untick this box and enter the address in the International Address tab.NOTE: This type of addressing cannot be used for AVETMISS reportable clients - you must have an Australian address recorded for any clients that need to be included in your AVETMISS reporting.
Press the Next button to progress the wizard, this will display the option to enter the clients AVETMISS Relevant Information:
- Select the person's Country of Birth from the drop-down box.
- This list is large; you can type in the first letter to move quickly through the list. Also, if you click the Order button the list is ordered by country code, which may help if you know the code of the country you are looking for.NOTE: If you have ticked the Set client personal AVETMISS fields to most commonly used values box in File > Global preferences > Compliance preferences, this box will automatically fill with the most commonly used value in the database
- This list is large; you can type in the first letter to move quickly through the list. Also, if you click the Order button the list is ordered by country code, which may help if you know the code of the country you are looking for.
- Select the person's Indigenous Status from the drop-down box.
- Select the Languagewhich this person speaks at home.
- This list is large; you can type in the first letter to move quickly through the list. Also if you click the Order button the list is ordered by language code, which may help if you know the code of the language you are looking for.NOTE: If you have ticked the Set client personal AVETMISS fields to most commonly used values box in File > Global preferences > Compliance preferences, this box will automatically fill with the most commonly used value in the database.
- This list is large; you can type in the first letter to move quickly through the list. Also if you click the Order button the list is ordered by language code, which may help if you know the code of the language you are looking for.
- If you chose a language other than English, indicate how well this person speaks English.
- Indicate if the person is still at Secondary School or not.
- Select the Highest School Level achieved by this person.
- Enter the year this person completed the school level above and, optionally, the location.
- Select an appropriate Labour Force Status for this person from the drop-down box.
- Tick the boxes which correspond to this person's Disabilities, if any. Note you can only tick the boxes if you have selected Yes above.
- Tick the boxes which correspond to this person's Prior Educational Achievements, if any. Note you can only tick the boxes if you have selected Yes above.
- For each prior education item you tick, select whether that is an Australian qualification, equivalent to an Australian qualification, or an international qualification.
Press the Next button to progress the wizard, this will display the option to enter additional Citizenship and Passport information for the client:
- Indicate whether the person is an Australian citizen / resident, or an overseas resident.
- You can indicate here if you have Sighted Identification Documents for the person, and enter the details.
- For international students, you can enter their Passport and Visa Information here. Visa types are set up in the Configuration Manager.
- Centrelink Information can be entered in this section, should it be required.
Press the Next button to progress the wizard, this will display the option to enter a Picture for the client:
- Click this button to Load an image from your computer.
- If you have the image open in another programme, you can copy it from there, and click Paste to put it in here.
- Click this button if you want to Copy the current image to the clipboard.
- Tick this box if you want the image resized so it fits the area on the window.NOTE: Large images are reduced in size upon loading in order to reduce the disk space used by your database. Ticking the Fit image box only changes the way the image is displayed here; it does not further reduce or increase the size of the actual stored image.
- Click this button to Clear the Image.
Press the Next button to display the option to enter any Custom Fields if you have configured the Client Wizard to allow any:
Press the Next button to progress the wizard to view the Finish page of the wizard:
- If you have not yet used the Locate USI function you can tick this box to immediately process a USI retrieval.
- If you wish to submit updated contact details for the Client to the USI Registry, tick this box (If applicable)
- If the Client does not yet have a USI, you can choose to process a USI creation based off the information entered so far.
Pressing Finish will close the window, submitting all entered/amended information to your VETtrak database.