AVETMISS stands for the Australian Vocational Education and Training Management Information Statistical Standard. It is a national data standard that ensures consistent and accurate capture and reporting of Vocational Education and Training (VET) information about students.
VETtrak provides the facility to generate AVETMISS (NAT files) for both a State Reporting Body and the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER), across currently supported AVETMISS standards.
The Total VET Activity (TVA) legislation defines that all accredited training in Australia must be reported to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER). Within VETtrak the Reportability options section of the enrolment wizard defines which government body the enrolment is reported to;
- Report to state body – if you deliver any training funded by a State Body, all funded accredited enrolments must be reported to that funding body, who then forward the data to NCVER.
- Report to national body (NCVER) – Any accredited enrolments that are not reported to your state body are instead reported to NCVER.
- Do not report this enrolment – this should only be used for non-accredited training, as it will entirely stop this enrolment from being reported in AVETMISS.
Where, when and how do I report my AVETMISS data?
This flow chart serves as a quick reference guide to the common types of reporting an RTO will need to action, and where the resulting generated AVETMISS data will need to be submitted:
How does my VETtrak data enter my AVETMISS files?
Commonly used Results include:
- Completed type results (Competent, Credit Transfer, RPL)
- Continuing (with a planned finish date this year)
These results report an Outcome Code that corresponds to the Training Activity being reported.
There following is a visual example of recorded unit results, their outcomes, and their appearance in the State AVETMISS Wizard: