A log is kept for each Enquiry where changes, comments and outgoing messages are recorded.
The Enquiry Diary will record the following events:
- Email messages sent using from the Enquiries list or Enquiry Details.
- Changes to the name and contact information in the Enquiry Details.
- Comments added using the Office Use section in the Enquiry Details.
Note: The Enquiry Diary functions similarly to the Registration Diary, however this diary DOES NOT record Status updates.
In this article:
- Viewing the diary (via Enquiries)
- Viewing diary entries (via Enquiry Details)
- Adding a comment (via Enquiry Details)
Viewing the diary (via Enquiries)
Navigate to Enquiries via the Activity () menu. The Enquiries list allows the diary entries to be viewed individually for each enquiry in the list.
- Click to view.
A list of diary entries (if any exist) will be displayed for the enquiry in a popup.
This is list is also shown by default in the Diary section of Enquiry Details.
Viewing an entry (via Enquiry Details)
Navigate to the Enquiry Details by clicking the name for an enquiry in the Enquiries list, which can be reached from the Activity () menu.
The Diary section shows the list of entries. If the content for an entry is too long the comment will be truncated with ..., however full details can still be viewed.
- Click the Date link to open the record.
This will display the diary entry in a popup.
In the case of emails, the comment will be formatted to appear as close as possible to the body of the email that was sent.
Adding a comment to an enquiry (via Enquiry Details)
Navigate to Enquiry Details by clicking the name for an enquiry in the Enquiries list, which can be reached from the Activity () menu.
The Office Use section allows comments to be added to the enquiry. Comments can be used to keep a record of details associated with the enquiry. A comment may accompany a Status change or simply be added for record completeness.
Note: Changes to the Status will not be recorded in the diary, only the comment.
- Select an appropriate Status, or leave it as is if not applicable.
- Enter the Comments.
- Click the Save Comment button to commit the changes.