Messages are able to be displayed to users visiting VETenrol, and these are created and managed in the VETenrol Admin using the Site Messages feature.
Messages will display for almost all VETenrol pages, including Custom Forms. However, the feature does not extend to:
- The payment step of any registration process, nor via Pay Now email links for deferred or pending payments.
- Rapid Courses Widget.
- Course Enquiry Widget.
- Award Verification Service.
- VETtrak Invoice Payment Service.
The positioning of the messages is controlled by the branding for the account. Typical locations are to the right of the company logo, or beneath the page heading text.
Messages will be displayed by a user until that user closes the message. Users will continue to see messages that fall within the time period for viewing each time they visit unless they close the message(s).
Once a user has closed a message it generally will not show for that user again, however, exceptions may occur when a significant time has passed between visits.
In this article:
Accessing Site Messages
The feature is accessed from the Tools menu (), which will open the page where messages can be created and managed.
The page offers the following features:
- Heading area
- Click the New button to create a new message.
- Message List
At least one message must exist for the list to display.
- Click the Edit link ( with a number) in the ID column to make changes to an existing message.
- Click the delete link to permanently remove a message.
Creating a message
The New button opens a pop-up to create a message:
- Select the Start Date for the message.
- Select the End Date for the message.
- Enter the Message.
Note that only plain text is supported.
- Enter a Link if you want to include a link to a webpage. It will be inserted as Read more at the end of the message.
- Click the Save button.
Editing a message
Click the Edit link ( with a number) for the message you want to edit. This will open the details of the message in the pop-up.
Any or all of the message details can be changed as required. For example, you may like to repurpose an older message that is no longer in use by editing and updating it to something completely new.
- Message History - a report on system messages
(Admin messages displayed to you, rather than messages you've created).