The Linked Occurrences (or Occurrence Multi Enrol) feature allows a single occurrence to be tied to multiple additional occurrences so that when a user registers for the main occurrence, they will automatically be registered for each of the occurrences that are linked to it.
In this article:
- Feature Requirements
- Multiple Enrolment in the VETenrol Admin
This feature is NOT related to Linked Enrolments in VETtrak.
In order to use this feature, you will need to put a request through to Support to have it enabled for your VETenrol account.
There are also some important key points to be aware of regarding this feature:
- All occurrences, the main and each linked occurrence, must be published for online enrolment in VETtrak for the feature to function as expected.
- In cases where it is not desirable for the linked occurrences to accept registrations themselves, they can be hidden using the List Exclusions feature.
- The user will not know they are being registered into multiple occurrences, so the main occurrence should make this clear in some way.
- The main occurrence could belong to an aptly named programme, such as "Dual qual...", "First Aid & CPR Combined Special", or similar.
- Advice can be included in the Description for the programme in VETtrak, if VETenrol is set to display the Programme Description.
- Advice can also be included in the Description for the main occurrence in VETtrak, if VETenrol is set to display the Occurrence Description. This is a better option if the occurrence is part of a programme where not all of the listed occurrences are linked.
- The user will only be charged the price set for the main occurrence, regardless of how many occurrences are linked to it and what prices have been set for those. Pricing set on a linked occurrence will be utilised if a user registers directly for that occurrence.
Linked Occurrences is applicable to the standard registration process for individuals. It is not intended for use with Rapid Registrations or Group Bookings and should not be attempted with either of these processes.
Additionally, Linked Occurrences are NOT compatible with the account setting Post-Payment Push.
Multiple Enrolment in the VETenrol Admin
The interface to manage occurrences for multiple enrolment is provided in the VETenrol Admin via the Configuration () page using the Occurrence Multi Enrol link under Standard Settings.
The link will NOT appear until the feature is enabled for your account by Support. You may need to log out of your Admin and back in if the feature has just been activated.
- The New button — Opens a pop-up to create a new multi enrol record.
- The Multiple Enrolment List — Displays the existing Multi Enrol records and allows them to be managed. The list will not appear until there is at least one record.
Creating an Occurrence Multi Enrol
There are two stages to creating multiple enrolments for an occurrence.
- Set the main occurrence — Identify the occurrence that registering into will trigger multiple enrolments.
- Link Occurrences — Add the occurrence(s) that the user will also be enrolled into when they register for the main occurrence.
Set the main occurrence
To Create a linked occurrence:
- Type the Occurrence ID in the field provided. This is the main occurrence.
- Click the Save button.
The newly created record will be added to the list.
Now that the main occurrence has been identified, the occurrences into which the user will also be enrolled need to be chosen.
- Click the number in the Linked column (0).
This will open a new page for linking occurrences to the original.
- Click the New button.
This will open the Link Occurrence pop-up.
- Type the Occurrence ID in the field provided. This is for an occurrence in which users will be automatically registered when they register in the original occurrence.
- Optionally, enter the Price ID to identify the pricing to be applied for the automatic registration.
- Click the Save button.
The newly created record will be added to the list of Linked Occurrences.
Now that the occurrence has been linked:
- Link additional occurrences by clicking the New button again.
- Click the Back button to return to the Multiple Enrolment page.
The main occurrence and all occurrences linked to it must be published for online enrolment in VETtrak. The linked occurrences not intended for direct registration can be hidden from view using List Exclusions.
The user will not know they are being registered into multiple occurrences, the main occurrence should make this clear.
Managing Occurrences for Multi Enrol
The Multiple Enrolment list displays an entry for each existing record and allows for the management of them.
- Modify a record by clicking the Occu ID number with the icon.
This will open the Occurrence for multiple enrolment pop-up prefilled with the Occurrence ID for editing.
- Manage the occurrences linked to a record by clicking the Linked number with the icon. This will Navigate to the Linked Occurrences page.
- Permanently remove the from the list by clicking the corresponding delete link.
A deleted record cannot be restored, it will need to be re-created if it has been deleted in error.