The Exclusions feature, or Display Exclusions, are used to hide items from view. An exclusion can be applied for a programme, an occurrence, or a price type. When an exclusion exists, the excluded item will not appear on the standard VETenrol main page(s), but can still be accessed using a specialised link.
- A test or internal programme you'd like to keep hidden from the general public, however still be available for use by staff members.
- An employer booking published that should only be used by employees of that employer.
- You may want to make a certain pricing only available after the user completes an eligibility form or follows a link distributed through promotional material.
The interface for the feature is provided in the VETenrol Admin and accessed via Exclusions on the Configuration () page.
This article covers Exclusions in the VETenrol Admin, including:
Exclusions in the VETenrol Admin
Open the Exclusions page in the VETenrol Admin from Configuration ().
- The New button — Shows a pop-up to create a new exclusion.
- The Step Exclusions button — Navigates to the Step Exclusion feature, which is used to omit steps from the registration process.
In addition there are three sections representing the types of display exclusions available:
- Programme Exclusions.
Programmes that will not be displayed in the Available Courses list when it appears on the VETenrol main page, Kalendar page, or the standard registration process.
- Occurrence Exclusions.
Identify occurrences which will not be displayed for their course when selected from the VETenrol main page. This exclusion also applies to the Rapid Courses page as the page can be used with Standard if Rapid is not enabled.
- Price Exclusions.
Set the Price Types that will not be available from the VETenrol main page.
Creating An Exclusion
To Create a new exclusion, click the New button on the Step Exclusions page. This will open the Exclusion pop-up.
- Select the Exclusion Type.
There are three to choose from:
- Programme — Use this option to prevent a course from appearing in the Available Courses list.
- Occurrence — Hide a single occurrence.
When a programme is selected from the Available Courses list, the excluded occurrence will not be displayed for users to register.
- Price — For any published price of the matching ID.
Any occurrence with a published price that has a price ID matching the exclusion will be hidden.
- Enter the Programme Name, Occurrence ID or Price ID as determined by the chosen type.
The value entered into the field should match the required type exactly as it appears in your VETtrak. These details can also be found and copied from the API Summary report available in the VETenrol Admin.
- Click the Save button.
The newly created exclusion will be added into the appropriate Exclusion list for its type.
Each exclusion list displays an entry for the existing exclusions of their category and allows for the management of those exclusions.
Exclusions in the list can be:
- Modified by clicking the text with the icon.
This will open the Exclusion pop-up prefilled with the details for editing.
- Permanently removed from the list by clicking the corresponding delete link.
A deleted exclusion cannot be restored, it will need to be re-created if it has been deleted in error.
Links to Access Excluded Items
A programme, occurrence or price that has been excluded can be accessed via either a direct link or an eligibility link. These can be formed manually or with the assistance of the Builder tools.
- Programme — Link to the excluded programme using the Programme ID.
- Occurrence — Link to the excluded occurrence using the Occurrence ID. This is the same ID as was used to create the exclusion.
- Price — Link to an occurrence that has the price type using both the Occurrence ID and Price ID. The Price ID is the same as was used to create the exclusion.
Note: In the example links substitute the ClientID in blue and the placeholder letter(s) in red with your own values.
- Hiding Courses Using Exclusions — Video (1m 24s)
- Step Exclusions — omit step(s) in the standard registration process for certain courses.
- Registration Builder — build a specialised link.
- Eligibility Builder — build a specialised link.
- VETenrol Main Page — the default page for users to browse and register.