The VETenrol Main page is called Courses, but it is often referred to as the default or main page to differentiate it from the Courses page for Rapid Registrations. Courses is the default entry point for users to browse your programmes and occurrences and begin the registration process. Your VETenrol link, in its simplest form, will direct users to this page.
Depending on your organisation’s website linking choices, your users may never see this page. Regardless, it is ideal for testing purposes because it will give you an overview of the programmes and occurrences that are published.
The majority of the elements of this page are affected by branding, style and other customisation features. They may be in different locations or may not be visible at all in your organisation’s version of VETenrol.
The Courses page has two states:
Without a course selected
If VETenrol is started without providing course information, the user will be required to choose a course.
- Organisation’s logo.
- Breadcrumb area — A space reserved for links to the current and previous steps in the registration process.
- Content area — This area is where course information and then the steps in the registration process are displayed. It will exist regardless of branding.
- The Welcome heading and text are displayed here.
- Course links — A list of courses with occurrences published for online enrolment as obtained from VETtrak. Clicking an item will display specific details for that course. Links may be categorised depending on branding.
- Organisation’s contact information — As obtained from General Settings.
- Footer — Displays a copyright message.
With a course selected
It is possible to navigate direct to the main screen with a course selected.
- Page Heading Text
- Course name
- Course description
- Location selector — A drop down menu to filter the listed occurrences by location. It only appears if a course has occurrences with more than one location.
- Occurrence details — Important information about the occurrence, such as date of enrolment close and cost.
- Links to toggle displaying of Class and Unit information.
- Register buttons for the occurrence
- Register — Starts the registration process for an individual.
- Group Booking — Starts the group booking registration process.
This will only be displayed if the occurrence has been published in VETrak to allow Employers to enrol.
Note: In a typical set-up the register buttons will be shaded if an occurrence registration close date is in the past but falls within the current month.
- Course Enquiry form — Allows users to express their interest in a course that does not currently have any up-and-coming occurrences published in VETtrak. The Show All Programmes setting, which is ticked by default, must be enabled for this to work in addition to the Enquiries for inactive programmes setting.
- How to change the way courses are displayed
- Standard Settings to show/hide breadcrumbs and change the Courses breadcrumb label.
- Standard Settings: Courses for Show All Programmes and other settings affecting the display of courses.
- Standard Settings: Text & Labels for adjusting Welcome content.
- Custom Footer for replacing the footer text with your own.